Thursday, February 4, 2010

A day in the life - Part I

I'm almost done here, so I thought I'd give an average look at a day in my life, with comments.

Good morning.  No longer reading Beating Goliath.  I've been reading Atlas Shrugged since the beginning of January.  It's long.  Thanks Knouse.  The egg is my alarm clock.  It beeps at me angrily.  I hit it ~4 times before actually getting up.

Good morning bike!  It takes me 4 minutes to get to work on this.  Amazing.  Note the rocks everywhere, they SUCK and make it like you're walking through sand all the time.  Hate the rocks.

First part of the road to work.  If you don't turn you end up at the coffee place, so its not a lost situation should that happen.  This is a huge base, not a tiny forward base, so yes, we have things like a coffee thingy.

At the desk.  Actually took this while on a telcon.  I spend at least 1-2 hours every morning sipping tea, eating Breakfast #2 (almonds on this day), and staring unconvincingly at my outlook inboxes.

On this particular day, I had to go to the palace (background).  This is the way.  I like the palace because they have real bathrooms (indoors!)

Ok folks, thats all for the first installment.  Maybe next week I add a picture of the toilet.  For someone dreads going to the port o potties every day, the indoor toilets are a big deal.  Plus they're really weird looking.  You'll see.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed Beating Goliath, but not nearly as much as I enjoy reading about your adventures over there. Hope everything's going well for you!